We LOVE Reflex Math!

Have you heard of Reflex Math? 

I know what some of you are thinking... "I don't need another program to try and implement in my classroom", or "I can't afford to sit my students in front of an iPad or computer every day". 

What if I told you that 15-18 minutes 3 days a week could increase your students math fact fluency. Would you try it?

I mean look at that growth!!!

My class does Reflex Math during our daily math workshop. You can read about it here. When I started using Reflex Math I had a few students try the FREE TRIAL that the company offers on their website. This then lead me to apply for the grant they give away, and it was as easy as that! Once I presented the data and growth to my principal after 3 months, we purchased it for our entire school and have seen AMAZING GAINS! The best part is that students LOVE playing. They can't wait for math time, and some students even get on at home before and after school so they get more time to play. 

Are you still skeptical about putting your kids in front of a computer or iPad when they could be working on enrichment or interventions with you...? I know, I know, I was there too. I felt that surely I can help my students more effectively then a computer. Why, yes you are an amazing teacher, but I know we all seek engaging activities for our kids, and this is a program that assesses, tracks, reports, and differentiates for students. Plus it is set up to look like a video game! I mean what kid doesn't like that?!

Incase you're not sold, check out some of my data and see for yourself! There are so many different ways to view reports and monitor student growth. 
Here is the "group status" of my class. You can see fluency gains, usage, and last login.
**The students who are not dark green just switched from addition and subtraction to multiplication and division! YAY!**

As you can see I have a few friends at 100% fluency! This makes me oh so happy. I have a rule where they have to maintain their 100% without "losing" a fact for AT LEAST 2-3 weeks before I will consider switching them to multiplication and division. But just think how much easier it will be for my little friends and for the 3rd grade teachers when next year students already know multiplication and division facts! 
Additionally from another group view, you can set what students are working on. All of my students started at addition and subtraction 0-10 back in September. I now have 8, yes EIGHT, kids who are working on multiplication and division 0-10, and one of those who just switched to multiplication and division 0-12. 


Just LOOK at that growth! This data is from late August to March.

Another group view is a pie chart that shows you usage for your students. Our "green light usage" is what I look at. This is the optimum 15-18 minute window that students are being taught the mini lesson, by Coach Penny the Bear, and their fact family assessment for the day. Once students get their green light, they are allowed to go to the store and buy things for their avatar! 




 Additionally, students can track their own progress and look at their fact family pyramid. They click on the button next to their avatar, and a similar pyramid comes up for student view. They get so, so, so excited when they get another fact "colored in". The dark green means they are fluent, light green is something they are still working on, and white are facts that they haven't seen yet. 

Have I convinced you yet? I have a few more report views and exciting celebration news to share with you. Its just amazing!  


This is an individual student milestone tracker. This is available for each student from the teachers account. I can see what days this student achieved new fact fluency, the gains overall, gains per week, usage, and starting fluency. This friend started with knowing 7 facts... SEVEN, YIKES! They are now currently 92% fluent in their addition and subtraction math facts. 
This data has been amazing for tracking progress, data monitoring, intervention data, grades, and more!


 Another view you can see is each students "usage detail". I can see what days the student has logged on, the amount of time, and green lights earned. At the bottom I can see the total and weekly usage, minutes per day, and total facts solved. Have I mentioned how great this data is?? 


Okay, last graph... really.. Here is another view of the same students fluency gain for this school year. 


 Who doesn't love to celebrate success? 

Every Friday we have a few minutes at the end of the day to celebrate "Fluency Friday". I pass out the certificates for each students achievement for the week. It doesn't matter if its 1 new fact or 1,000 new facts, we celebrate them all! Students also get to have their name written on each of the math fact posters once they achieve new fluency goals. These posters are in my TPT store. We have these on our wall so students can write their names!

This is our class certificate for this week for our total facts solved! SO PROUD OF MY LITTLE ONES!  

Check out Reflex Math and see for yourself! I would love to hear what your students think about it and what gains you have seen.



**I was not given compensation to promote this resource. I just absolutely love the results I have had and want to share with you all!**

2 comments

Powered by Blogger.